I Love You But I Don't Trust You
If you had one wish for one breakthrough that would immediately help more couples than anything else, what would it be? For me, that question is easy to answer. As a couples therapist for over 30 years, I know my one wish would be for a way to restore trust in relationships. Why?
- Because here are what people believe about trust and relationships:
- Nothing is more important than trust-with trust you can deal with anything, but without trust nothing else matters.
- People care about trust more than anything in their relationships. More than anything else, people say "It's all about trust."
- Trust is incredibly fragile. It takes so little-one screw up, one misunderstanding, one difference between two people-to damage it.
- And once damaged, broken trust is very hard to repair. And so damaged trust means the end of the relationship.
Actually, this last belief is not true any longer, because of a new book I've written. I realized that my wish was never going to come true by magic. If it were going to come true, I'd have to make it come true. And that's what I set about doing. Using new research, plus all my years of working with couples to help restore trust, I have written I Love You But I Don't Trust You.
My new book presents important and very hopeful discoveries. It turns out that relationships can and do recover from betrayal much more often than we think. The major obstacle is certain common mistakes that are easy to prevent if you know what they are. And for the first time I present the stages a relationship goes through as it deals with a betrayal and tries to restore trust.
This is help that has been tested and proven to work for real people facing the challenges we all face. This help works and is easy to implement. And so we now know that that trust can be repaired, much more easily than anyone has thought. With the new understanding I offer in I Love You But I Don't Trust You, along with countless stories drawn from the people who have come to me for help, you will have everything you need to save your relationship from the cancer of betrayal and make it even better than it was before. Trust will be regained, and love will survive. And guess what? When you do it right, it's surprisingly easy.
Saving relationships from damaged trust was not only my top wish. It's been the top wish of millions of people. And now we have what we need to make that wish come true.
Want to read some of the first chapter? Here goes >>